Friday, August 23, 2013

Euradiponet_best practice





                                                                                Italy

Eur.adi.po.net


BEST PRACTICE about Recruitment
(Agnese Baggio Study Centre)


Maurizio is a volunteer at Agnese Baggio Study Centre. This is his witness.

My name is Maurizio I'm 50 and I'm a volunteer at Agnese Baggio Study Centre. I work at International After School.
I met people from Agnese Baggio during my job time. Until a few years ago I used to be a policeman at the Immigrant People Bureau, I was assigned at  permission to stay office.
In my job I used to meet a lot of foreign people. I liked to know personal histories of everyone of them because of my job and also because I’m a very curious man.
In  my job position I started to collaborate with Agnese Baggio Study Centre, which were used to help foreign people when arriving in Italy  they should meet a new country and  new laws.
Unfortunately a few years later I got sick, and my disease didn't permit me to continue my job, so I retired.
As retired person I had a lot of free time, but I didn't want to waste the chance to do something that could keep me active in my life and in the society. So I reminded that Agnese Baggio Study Centre was performing after school activities for all the foreign children I used to work for.
I talked to Agnese Baggio's headmistress about working as volunteer at the After School section and she interviewed me informally. We talked about my experiences and my attitudes. After this she asked me to do a little trial period.    
During this time I was supervised by an educator who accompanied  me through my first approach.
Now I'm proud to be a volunteer and this experience makes me richer and reacher of new incentives every day.”





No comments:

Post a Comment